It seems the original question never made it to this medium ... her it is:

--------------------
I have a shared library and when I link to it, I get a few of the following
warnings when I
link my executable with -zverbose

ld: warning: relocation warning: R_SPARC_COPY: file
bin/solaris/libvislink_shared.so: \
   symbol FEConnection::sConnections: may contain displacement relocation

/* FEConnection's .h */
typedef vector<StSharableLocker<FEConnection> > FEConnectionList;
class  FEConnection {
public:
        static FEConnectionList         sConnections;

The problem is, is that I have a class that extends FEConnection named
LinkConnection.
When LinkConnection's objects access sConnections, they are not the same as
when
FEConnection objects access sConnections. Is it because of the template?

---------

And there's some more info at:

http://blogs.sun.com/rie/entry/displacement_relocation_warnings_what_do