On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM, River Tarnell
<river.tarn...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
> On 28/12/2009 07:28 PM, Carl (CBM) wrote:
>> 1) An easy-to-use compilation environment for C and C++. I am not
>> really able to compile Perl modules on willow, despite spending quite
>> a while hacking at it.
>
> I know some people had issues with this but I never really saw a proper
> description of the problem (it's always worked okay for me)... can you
> give an example of a module that you weren't able to compile?

Double-checking it, I was able just now to compile on willow the thing
I can't compile on wolfsbane. It seems the dev environments on willow
and wolfsbane are not identical, as I thought there were.

One advantage of moving everything to solaris is that it reduces
problems caused by the webserver and the login server running
different operating systems.  This caused problems with self-compiled
perl modules.

- Carl