On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM, River Tarnell
<river.tarn...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
>> Then again, what happens if a bus comes along and we then have admins
>> who know linux best?
>
> This is a valid concern, but if we used Linux, and our single active
> Linux admin was hit by a bus, we'd have the same problem.  I hope there
> will be some changes over the next year or two which will make this
> issue moot... until then, I will try to avoid busses.

Anyone competent enough to maintain Linux systems to the extent and in
the manners required here could also maintain Solaris and muddle
through long enough to make the transition to their preferred
platform.

River's continued survival is important for reasons unrelated to the
system platform.