Hi and 'gudn tach'!

On Tue, June 29, 2010 12:37, Marcus Buck wrote:
> Andre Koopal hett schreven:
>> The solution we mostly take is to answer in dutch or swedish or
>> something :-)
>>
> Wow, how mature... Hoe durven ze geen Engels te spreken?
>
> If River Tarnell does not speak German and recommends using English if
> people want to get a quick answer from him without one of River's
> co-admins being interpreter, that's of course okay. But intentionally
> being unhelpful to people who in good faith use their native language
> (which in the case of German will be understood on this list) is just
> offensive and arrogant.

On the other hand you could call someone offensive or arrogant (or at
least not-thinking-enough), if he uses his small native language in an
international project.

Of course, in most cases none of them is really arrogant or maliciously
offensive. If someone replies in Swedish on a German request, one could
take it as nothing but a joke and a hint 'try using the common language,
please!', which mostly will be English, nowadays.

iow: agf should hold for questioners _and_ repliers. :-)

cheers/prost
seth