2010/11/17 River Tarnell <river.tarn...@wikimedia.de>

> Alex Brollo:
> > My question is: how many pywikipedia readings/editing per hour are a
> "heavy"
> > toolserver job?
>
> We don't usually measure resource use in "pywikipedia readings/editing per
> hour" ;-) The most common indicators of resource use are CPU time and
> memory.

My premise was "A newbie question" :-P

Ok. Have I some Unix tool to evaluate server resource used running a script?
And - if such a tool exists and if it will give back some exoteric result to
me - how can I evaluate it in terms of "heaviness"? I guess the best
solution: to paste and copy here the result if any, and to ask you again.
:-)

Feel free to send me your best link to a tutorial "Unix for dummies".

Alex