On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Gerald A <geraldabli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like a huge volume, so it makes sense that it would take some time
> to complete.

Yes.  It's spent almost the whole time so far in
/aux0/user-store/osm_hillshading, which looks to be millions of tiny
files split up over tens of thousands of directories.

> Are quotas enabled on the volume? That might give you a quick snapshot of
> who the biggest user is.

Not as far as I can tell.  quota -v on users who have lots of files
there doesn't return any results.

> You could try running the du in a subdirectory, which might give you some
> more ideas about big directories. (You can try: du -k | sort -rn).

I could, but it doesn't seem like it would be much faster than just
waiting for a du on the whole thing to complete.