"Platonides" <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4d362363.8000...@gmail.com...
> River Tarnell wrote:
> There are legitimate cases for dropping tables. I think that on getting
> a DROP command trainwreck should send an email to the admins and halt
> replication.

Presumably receiving any sort of serious error must stop replication anyway,
or it risks digging itself into an even deeper hole (what if the next
command is a CREATE DATABASE with the same name?).  Setting it up to call
for help when it errors out, and to make sure that it *does* error out
before doing anything too stupid, are two easily-separable steps, both of
which can probably use existing admin infrastructure.

--HM