Paul Selitskas wrote:

> Is there any suggestion on implementing Toolserver Intuition in
> non-PHP projects, for example, in bash-based ones? For now it seems to
> be a bit compliated.

Since the beginning this system has been in SVN at Wikimedia for
people to look at and submit bugs, requests and patches through JIRA
[1] as they desire. Or if one likes, join the mmt-project!

As of yesterday the project has been moved to a dedicated
"multimaintainer" account at the Toolserver [2]. Support by others is
welcomed, I've come far and will go further but I doubt I can make the
sytem work for every progamming language on the toolserver all by my
own.

I myself am planning to implement support for the following:

* PHP tools on Toolserver
  - Include the class internally and use it.

* Internal / External javascript
  - A public facing api.php with the ability to get messages with JSON
(both internal for toolserver.org but also for tools that have a
javascript front-end on a Wiki, using cross-domain JSONP callbacks).
XML format could be implemented as well.

* Python
  - Not sure how to pull this one off yet, as a work around it could
make http request to the api in json (since Python supports that) but
a way without making http calls would be preferred. I'm not a heavy
Python developer (I've used it a couple of times to write simple
ircbots (irclib) and wikibots (pywikibot), but that's about it). Any
suggestions from python developers how they would like to have it
delivered, let me know how you want it served and I'll see what I can
do.

The same goes for bash-based tools and other languages. Let me know
how you think it is best delivered to you, and lets see what we can
do.

--
Krinkle