(anonymous) wrote:

> To close the topic [1] I finally decided to follow the hints given by
> Maciej Jaros and Merlissimo and created (since it seams nobody did this
> already - please correct me, if I am wrong)

> "XSaLT: XSL/XSLT Simple and Lightweight Tool" [2]

> Which is a very, very, very simple python cgi script that takes an url
> (pointing to any XML source document) and an XSLT stylesheet. Both are
> passed to lxml to transform the XML to a destination document. Any XSLT
> stylesheet you might need can be added if you send me a mail.
> [...]

Please consider that very, very, very simple scripts typi-
cally have very, very, very bad security protections :-). In
this case, all files on the toolserver can be checked for
existence, if they are XML files and the attacker can depos-
it an XSLT file somewhere on the toolserver they can be read
and accesses to external URLs can be triggered.

Tim