(anonymous) wrote:

>>> Please see the documentation on Toolserver wiki [1] to set this up. It uses
>>> a command of -m with another variable depending on when you want mail sent.

>>> [1]
>>> https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Batch_job_scheduling#arguments_to_qsub/qcronsub
>>> [...]

>> That just sends notifications about the job's status, not
>> the job's output itself.

> No, there's no such option.
> I looked into it recently. We could get that by adding a final script
> which mails the user the output file if qstat -j $JOB_ID | grep -q
> mail_options:.*e.

Thanks.  I don't want to fiddle to much with SGE's in-
testines, so I will probably either use "| mail timl" in my
script or have my MUA insert the log in the status mail.

  I looked if I could submit this totally fascinating and
innovative idea of mailing the output as a RFE upstream, but
amazingly I didn't see a bugtracker at Oracle :-).  I would
even have had another idea: Impromptu jobs à la "echo true |
at now" :-).

Tim