Hello all
Am Freitag 28 September 2012, 00:49:32 schrieb DaB.:
> Hello all,
>
> like announced on last Sunday I hereby announce a maintenance-window for
>
> Monday, 20:00-22:00 UTC for the web-servers.
>
> I will reboot hemlock a few times to try to find out why the web-servers
> are not working if hemlock is away (and if I find it, I will fix it). All
> web-tools will failing in times when hemlock is (re-)booting, other
> sub-systems (like SGE) should working normal.

The maintenance is done. I have identified the nfs-service at hemlock as the
root of the problem. However I confused by the result: If I stop the nfs-
service completely the webservers fail (like expected). If I remove all nfs-
shares on hemlock and start the nfs-service the webservers fail too (also ok).
But it is not possible to identify the share that cause the problem, because
if I remove each share separately and restart the nfs-service afterwards the
webservers did working (some times they needed a moment, but at the end they
worked).
I have to think about this first before I can take further steps.

All maintenances for today are done. You can work normal now again :-).

> Sincerely,
> DaB.

Sincerely,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885