Hello all,

I thought it is time for another status-update, because some things happened
in the last days.

==s1-dump==
WMF and WMDE finally found an agreement that makes it possible for the
toolserver to get dumps again. As a first step the wmf-techs created a
s1(enwp)-dump for us. I transfer this dump at the moment to our cluster.
Somewhere on the way between Virginia and Amsterdam is a rate-limiting we have
to find, but otherwise the hole thing looks quite good.
When the dump is there, I will import it on thyme (during the import sql-s1-rr
will point to rosemary), than switch rosemary read-only, dump the user-
databases, import the user-databases to thyme and let point sql-s1-user to
thyme. After that Nosy will dump commons from rosemary to re-create sql-s4-
user on z-dat-s4-a. After that I will import the wmf-dump also on rosemary and
we should have 2 correct s1-hosts again.
Details when something will happen will be in a future eMail.

==TS-future==
It was not possible for me the convince the Vorstand of WMDE to create a
budget-position for the toolserver for the year 2013. To solve this I have
sent a request for the general member meeting few minutes ago. You can find the
request at [1] in german language. To summarize the account:
-Non-ending of the toolserver.
-Buying of 5 additional database-servers for 2012 at the beginning of 2013.
-Further extension in 2013 and behind.
-WMDE will pay for the hosting if WMF decide it will no longer do that.
-WMDE does all it can to convince WMF to provide db-replication and dumps.
-WMDE will continue to pay a sysop for the TS.
The general meeting can (and I guess will) change the request before it vote
about it, so we have to see what we get.

==University==
This week my university started again and so I have less time for the
toolserver than in the last months. So please accept if some thing will take a
little longer. I also can not be in IRC as often as I would like. So if you
find a problem or need something: Fill in jira-request and try to reach Nosy.

Sincerely,
DaB.

[1] de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:DaB./MV-TS-Antrag

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885