Silke Meyer wrote:
>I am impressed! Wondering what tools are actually running on the
>toolserver I started a list. It is long! You can admire it here:
>http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Toolserver/List_of_Tools

Hi. Thanks for working on this.

Your current methodology is fine, but I think it'll result in a few false
positives and a lot of false negatives. If you could combine your current
aggregation methods (looking mostly at what's documented on the
wiki or tracked in JIRA) with a look at (sampled) Web requests, I think
you'd get a much better picture of what's being used. There are likely
some tools (like all of mine) that are getting hundreds or thousands of
requests per day, but got missed from the current list entirely.

It may also make sense to look at which processes are running throughout a
given day or week or month and to try to get an idea of what kind of
database queries are being run by looking at MySQL query logs.

I agree that it's very impressive what you can find on wiki.toolserver.org
and jira.toolserver.org, but I think you'll be even more impressed when
you can see a truer picture of the beast that's been built. ;-)

MZMcBride