Well some telescopic fibreglass masts will fit over an alloy Scaffold Pole,
so you just slide it over and fit a Jubilee Clip a couple of feet down.

Otherwise, it's down to buying some tubing to act as a joining sleeve . . .
where the inside diameters are different I have known people use a length of
hardwood, and shave each half to the correct inside diameter of the metal
and fibreglass poles.

73 Roger G3YRO

Further to that scheme, is there a sound way to join a Spider pole to a
scaffold pole? The cost change from 18m Spider to the next sizes up is quite
a jump, but I've often thought an alloy scaffold pole at the base would be
worth the effort if I had a decent way to join them. I can raise the 18m
Spider pole using a falling derrick on my own and a rigid extension
underneath looks doable with help.

David G3UNA/G6CP