I have considered the conversion in the past, but as you know (I think) at our age projects get pushed back, unless there is a pressing need.

Wes  N7WS

On 8/11/2024 5:47 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 8/11/2024 5:31 PM, Wes Stewart wrote:
Hi George,

Thanks for the info on the generators.  MY EU2000 just sits and the gas goes bad, despite the additives.  The EU22i looks really nice, except it's a Euro model (230V 50 Hz) but fuel injected. The US version (120V 60 Hz) is still carbureted. If it had EFI I'd buy one.

Wes,

My neighbor Glen, W6GJB, did propane conversions on my EU2200I and his EU2000i. We both love being able to run on propane. Supplying a load of about 1kW, I get about 24 hours on a can. That load is a bank of 48V LiFePO4 batteries that feed an inverter that powers our home during power failures. The concept of using batteries to buffer the gen came from George's work over the years on island expeditions.

There's a guy up the coast (in OR, I think) who sells the conversion kits.

73, Jim K9YC