Monika,

In the blog, the unit "centimeter" had three types: qudt:DerivedUnit, qudt:LengthUnit and rdfs:Datatype. Since it had rdfs:Datatype as its type as well, it was inferred to be a subclass of rdfs:Resource (but this was not asserted). In the latest ontology, centimeter still keeps the first two types, but doesn't have rdfs:Datatype as its type any more.

So, the only change between the blog and the latest unit ontology is the removal of rdfs:Datatype from its types. Centimeter has always been an individual.

Gokhan

My question was about the unit "centimetre". As per the blog

http://composing-the-semantic-web.blogspot.com/2009/08/units-ontology-with-spin-support.html

it seems Centimetre is a class in the http://qudt.org/1.1/vocab/unit namespace. However it has been defined as an individual of the "Length Unit " entity in the actual ontology. I would like to clarify if things have changed since the blog and Centimetre is in fact an individual.

Thanks,

Monika