There are two discussion threads already present here which include mention
of Composer's not handling character encoding well; these are from 2011.
What I am trying to do is simply conduct an "Import Triples from this File
into current Model" from a Turtle file (.ttl) into an RDF file (.rdf).
I've had problems with doing this due to some bizarre characters in the
inputs, which I am manually removing or transforming.  However, I came
across a skos:prefLabel with the value "Schrödinger software" which results
in a "Could not inspect file..." error.

The workaround for this which I will need to use is encoding the "ö" as the
HTML/XML equivalent "ö".  This will at least preserve the content in a
form which can be reconstructed, but this is far from ideal.  One could
presumably use the Unicode equivalent of "U+00F6", but this would present
problems due to it's not being a delimited token as the HTML/XML value is.

I am wondering when you might be able to release a Composer client which
includes support for extended Latin character sets which contain the most
commonly used non-ASCII characters such as this one?

Thanks --Courtland Yockey