Scott: I'm aware of the SPARQL and TopBraid functions you mention. But to
my knowledge, these functions do not operate on duration literals like
P0Y0M0DT22H0M0.000S, which was returned by my query subtracting two
xsd:time or xsd:dateTime literals (see original post). As I mentioned,
smf:duration seems to take two xsd:date variables as input, which means it
is not suitable for determining the duration between arbitrary times.

Rich