Charles,

I preformed a cost comparison/analysis with TopQuadrant's products as one of
the sets of solutions. One of the pros with the TopQuadrant suite is that you
actually purchase and own the software after the term of your license, just
without version updates after your maintenence period expires.  Some other
commercial solutions you lease their software. Once license term expires so
does your ability to use it.

I found, overall, the TopQuadrant suite may have a larger initial buy in, but
the recurring maintenance costs over time lead them to be the more cost
effective solution.

But as I said previously, sponsors now seem to have the "open source" phrase
firm planted in their mind.  Not realizing that that solution requires a
technology stack to be developed and integrated.  Nor that open source
solutions do not come with enterprise techsupport support anywhere near what a
commercial product has. Not to mention the testing a commercial product has
been put through.

I found that higher ups (decision makers) have extended their home finance
thinking to program budgets, as in "what is my monthly cost" and do not ask the
right question "what will be the total cost in the end".

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users?hl=en
---