Hi. I was wondering if you could recommend any best practices for
separating ontology classes from instances in TBC. I currently have a set
of 3 or 4 ontologies that comprise a project I’m developing. I have code
that generates (large numbers of) instances of the classes in these
ontologies.

Originally, my practice was to actually output the base ontology plus
instances into a separate file with a different base namespace so that I
could open up the ontology+instances in TBC. But it gets messy and
confusing to maintain two separate namespaces.

Now I am generating the instances just as a set of triples without any base
ontology in a separate file. Then I use TBC ‘import triples’ to import
these triples on top of the base model. But if I want to make any changes
to the base ontology, I will have to save the triples plus the base model,
and I don’t want to do that.

Maybe what I want is some sort of include capability.

I think this must be a common issue, so I’m probably missing something
basic here.

Any suggestions?
  Thanks, Rich

For more options, visit this group at