One reason would be that there is no standard CWA-interpretation of RDFS/OWL.
Such semantics is not defined. Of course, one could decide how it should work,
but it would be their own decision or a decision of a vendor who has such
“switch capability”..

With two different interpretation of the same knowledge representation, people
and systems would need to have a way to communicate to each other what exactly
they meant in making model’s statements. They would not be able to simply count
on the shared semantics anymore.

SHACL Core is indeed more powerful than OWL. For example, you can use regex.
You can compare property values (e.g., start and end) which is not possible
with OWL. Even with things that are also possible with OWL, they are easily
done with SHACL. For example, min and max values, you can do them with OWL by
creating custom datatypes. However, this requires a lot of modeling to create
such a thing every time you need to say less than 10, for example. With SHACL
it is much simpler.

SHACL has better support for re-use of general ontologies - with the ability to
deactivate shapes.

SHACL has some support for the UI generation.

With OWL, everything is class-base. In other words, you can’t make any
statements about a specific resource or about a group of resources (such as
those that have a date of birth) without creating s class. This may make
ontologies unnecessarily complex. SHACL offers rich targetting.

Further, SHACL is an extensible language. You can define constraints over and
above Core using SHACL SPARQL and your own constraint components.

And, yes, there is support for Rules.