On 24/03/2020 17:20, Rob Atkinson wrote:
Poking around in code and docs I can see the SWP based ui:instanceView (though I dont see this in the SWP uispin.org documentation)
https://uispin.org/ui.html#instanceView

What I want to do is control the rendering of specific properties (in general I want to be able to link between objects in different asset collections effectively jump to customised functionality for different asset collections - basically use the SWP ui:createLink functionality...

I can only see how to override the whole form for a class, not a property. I see property viewers like dash:ImageViewer as instance of dashViewer - but not find how these are bound to particular property types - and as they are wrappers for java implementations no see how to add customised ones.

And I guess with 6.3 and the React editors some or all of this may be obsoleted anyway?

Is there a way to control the rendering of a particular property without overriding a whole class form, and is that mechanism even safe to use going forwards?

Assuming you want to continue with SWP for now: In the property shapes, use tosh:viewWidget to point at a subclass of swa:ObjectViewer (there are plenty of examples if you open teamwork.ui.ttlx). In the ui:prototype of that you can use ui:createLink or whatever to open an external browser tab. This solution (with tosh:viewWidget) is going to remain supported for a while.

The longer-term alternative would indeed be the React componentry and dash:viewer.

Holger