Hello TopBraid community,

I am relatively new to this tool, and am using it mostly for a glossary of
terms and data warehouse metadata related to K-12 education analytics and
reporting.  I am basically a solo librarian in a government office in
British Columbia, Canada.

I don't understand how to have the ID/URI created for each glossary entry
when I import using Excel.

I imported a set of terms successfully, but was leery about the URI part
because it didn't have the namespace or term in the string. It looked like
it could be overwritten by the next import, and it was.

For example, the glossary term Workforce Growth was imported from an Excel
spreadsheet and it was assigned the URI urn:x-tb:evnimport#Row-0. There was
no ID to toggle to. I was hoping it would look like this string below, as
for the term Teacher:
URI https://educ.gov.bc.ca/glossary/business/Teacher
and
ID edw_business_glossary:Teacher

When I imported a new term from another Excel spreadsheet, that term was
also assigned the URI urn:x-tb:evnimport#Row-0 and of course I was alerted
to the error as it was adding the new data to the properties of the term
Workforce Growth that had the same URI. So I deleted all the new data from
that asset.

I had a suggestion from the TQ help desk that I can explore in our DEV
environment, but thought I could get some insight from peers here.

Suggestion:

As a suggestion, you should take a look at how you have the URI
construction rules set up for your collection (present when creating the
collection; and also on the Manage tab for the collection), as well as the
Unique Identifiers section in the spreadsheet importer.

In particular the URIs you have listed seem like you just need to set your
URI constructions rules to reflect how you want your data organized.

Thanks,

Kevin