Hi Tim,

Please see below.

> On Apr 16, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Tim Smith <smith.ts...@gmail.com
> <mailto:smith.ts...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Irene,
>
> Ok, I understand.
>
> What is TQ's vision for how EDG fits in a linked data ecosystem?  How does
> EDG share it's knowledge?  Off the top of my head, I would like to be able to:
> Query the SPARQL endpoint to explore the graphs from external systems.  Do I
> need to export the graphs to set the external URIs and then load them into
> the TBL workspace?
Graphs in EDG have graph URIs assigned to them by EDG. I would advise using
these URIs in your queries. URI of resources in a graph are fully under your
control.

Typically, a graph to query is specified in the ?default-graph-uri parameter of
the service call.

If, for some reason, you need to use a graph URI in a query that is different
from graph's identity in EDG, then some intermediate layer would be needed to
change the query or re-write the URI.

Some examples of SPARQL endpoint access are here
https://doc.topquadrant.com/6.3/developer-guide/#SPARQL_endpoint
<https://doc.topquadrant.com/6.3/developer-guide/#SPARQL_endpoint>

> Type the URL of a class or instance into my browser and have an SWP page (or
> some other method) popup showing navigable details of that class or instance.

Is this for a person or for an API? For API access EDG offers GraphQL query
point (to return JSON of whatever structure you need) as well as SPARQL query
point.

If it is for people, then you need some URI re-wrting rules at the Tomcat level
to change for example:

http://mycompany.com/ns/examples/geography#Asia
<http://mycompany.com/ns/examples/geography#Asia>

http://<myedgserver>::<port>/tbl/geo.editor#http:%2F%2Fmycompany.com%2Fns%2Fexamples%2Fgeography%23Asia

<http://<myedgserver>::<port>/tbl/geo.editor#http://mycompany.com/ns/examples/geography#Asia>

I am not a Tomcat person, but, as I understand it, this is typically done
through Apache HTTPD mod_rewrite (or something similar) using regular
expression rules to make the rewrite work. It is not anything specific to
TopBraid EDG, but rather something that is very commonly done with web
technologies.