Tim,

Not sure why ExportToTDB resulted in no triples for you.

Since you are using TBC-ME, try the following:

1.  Open the .tdb or .xdb of the target data graph with TBC.
2. Then right click on the TTL file and select Import > Import Triples from
this File into current Model

This uses a streaming importer that by passes validation and a few other things.

On my machine for 6.5M triples this took less than 15 minutes.

In 6.4, this streaming import will also be available in EDG.