Hi Matt,

Please see below

> On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:14 AM, Matt Goldberg <mgber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Right, I know the SERVICE keyword does the trick, and that may be sufficient.
>
> There's a couple paths I'm trying to explore:
> We've been told that large, dynamic datasets would be better kept in another
> triple store, and we're looking at AllegroGraph as a possibility for that.
Has someone at TopQuadrant give you this advice?
> It would be nice to have a data graph in AG appear as a graph in EDG
This is not possible. Data is either in EDG or it is not in EDG.
> as the vocabularies that would be used in the AG data graphs will be managed
> by EDG and we'd like EDG web services and SHACL validators to be able to
> easily access the AG data.
There are options for selectively copying some data which would then be
available for services and validation. Copied data can be periodically
refreshed.

One option to consider is described here
https://www.topquadrant.com/technology/shacl/wikidata/
<https://www.topquadrant.com/technology/shacl/wikidata/>

Note that the screenshots are from 6.2. Hopefully, it is still easy enough to
follow the instructions in 6.4. We will update the screenshots shortly.

Further, the example describes a connection to Wikidata. There are some
conveniences built-in to EDG for linking with Wikidata. You can, however, do
the same with other SPARQL endpoint. You will not get the auto-suggestions for
the resource links or auto-copying of shapes. You will need to establish these
yourself. Once it is done, the fetching, copying and access to the property
values of the linked remote resources works exactly the same.
> It would be convenient if there was a way to create a graph that could import
> several virtual graphs/connect to several external SPARQL endpoints in order
> to federate queries to multiple graphs simultaneously, in order to hide the
> fact that data may be coming from different sources. This would prevent our
> users from having to know what SPARQL endpoints exist and would give them
> just one to access all the data they would need in one place.
If you have multiple SPARQL Endpoints, create a link property for each endpoint
and provide links to the corresponding remote resources from all the endpoints.
Also create separate Node Shapes representing data of interest from each
endpoint.

You would then, for example, be able to fetch “height” from one endpoint and
“weight” from another.