Hard to say, maybe you have a large database graph in the workspace and it's building auto-complete indices? Otherwise the only thing I can think of is that it attempts to resolve URLs from the web, but you are saying all imported graphs have local files.

Like your other questions on SWP scripts, this may require more hand-holding than we can do on this public mailing list.

Holger