From: Holger Knublauch <hol...@topquadrant.com>
Sent: Thursday, 5 August 2021 07:58
To: topbraid-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [topbraid-users] DASH: Preselecting viewers for NodeShape

On 2021-08-05 4:53 am, Tomasz Pluskiewicz wrote:

My goal is to be able to create bespoke UI by extending shapes and DASH. I
think that the generic tabular display of resources is not enough and we can
actually aim for a more fine-tuned user experience. I suppose portability will
be a little sacrificed in such scenario. Not sure yet, I'm still trying to wrap
my head around what is and what is not a good idea.

At the moment I'm starting with a UI shell built using IBM Carbon Design
System. Here's an example from their storybook. Looking at this, I'd assume
that a root resource, served from an API, would fill in the top menu and
sidebar. This could be by rendering two sh:Group with well known identifiers.
That root resource could directly link to its shape (or provide it inline).

Maybe instead of selecting the viewer from the shape itself, it would be better
to select it based on a specific "entrypoint" type.

</>
  a hydra:Entrypoint ;
  hydra:title "IBM [Platform]" ;
  dash:shape [
    # navigation link properties
  ]
.

This way, given a hydra:Entrypoint, an app could be able to choose multiple
layouts...

What do you think?
>From a specification point of view I don't see this as much of a difference
>between IBM's layout and single-column form-based layout. Wouldn't it be
>sufficient to annotate the property groups or individual properties with hints
>that the specific property can then use? E.g. ex:ibmCarbonDesignLayoutInfo=...
>while the default rendering may ignore those?
Holger

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/topbraid-users/25321f85-498f-1750-5b26-1f0f0d4f0fc9%40topquadrant.com.