We recommend putting instances into a graph different from an ontology e.g.,
into a taxonomy, reference dataset, data graph and many other asset collection
types available in EDG.

If you create instances in an ontology, by default, only label and comment will
be editable. This can be changed on the Manage tab by checking the box shown
below: