Hi David,

On 2022-01-12 6:57 am, David Habgood wrote:
Hi TQ,

Hope you managed to have a break over the holiday season.

I've had a play with the new git integration - this is potentially really useful functionality for us and we're keen to start using it in production workflows.

One apparent limitation I noticed is that assets in git subdirectories appear to be ignored. e.g. if I have my_datagraph.ttl in a 'datagraph' directory rather than the root containing the .git directory, it is ignored.

1. Could you confirm this is the expected behaviour, and, assuming it is:

Yes, that's correct. It is based on a magic property that can be used like

    () teamwork:gitGraphId ?graphId

to get a list of all graphs under git control. It only looks at the configured folder at the moment.

2. Would it be possible to update this such that subdirectories are included
Yes it would be possible, if we have time to work on such a feature. The only complication is that those need to be round-trippable, meaning that for each asset collection we would need to store the path in git. This requires an extra metadata property and likely some configuration field on the Manage tab, esp for newly created asset collections.

We have a significant number of existing asset 'sets' which utilise a hierarchical folder structure. It would be beneficial to not need to update these. Going forward, having a hierarchy in our git repositories will still be useful for us as we sometimes create and edit asset collections outside of EDG, so having a 'human interpretable' hierarchy is quite useful.

We'll discuss internally when/how this suggestion could be added.

Holger

Thanks
David
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TopBraid Suite Users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to topbraid-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/topbraid-users/e18b8240-472c-4cae-8fd7-5573babda0e8n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/topbraid-users/e18b8240-472c-4cae-8fd7-5573babda0e8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.