Hi Simon,

This may not fully answer your question, but I have two comments that may
help.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 1:18 AM Simon Opper <
simon.op...@surroundaustralia.com> wrote:

> [...]
> like to instantiate new EDG assets with both a pre set default search and
> also a default layout.
>
> The problem requiring a better solution is that we are creating many many
> (100s)  different asset datagraphs, content tagsets, taxonomies for many
> different user groups and users. Having to either as an admin, or the
> users, to manually add/save, saved searches and layouts is not workable.
>

> 1.  search
> For the default search e.g.  in a tagset on the search panel to show a
> chosen column
>
> I've deduced that the search config is written to the main TDB.trig, and
> added as a set of triples on the relevant .tch graph of the asset.
>
> I can add the config for a "saved search"  (see example below) to an
> ontology that is imported in my content tag sets... winner.. the saved
> search appears in the "search list".... cool.
>
>  <urn:x-search:81e11db0-757f-4d80-bbbc-66473ea6bc7d>
>             a           <
> http://teamwork.topbraidlive.org/graphql.search#GQLSearch> ;
>             rdfs:label  "Search Content Text" ;
>             <http://teamwork.topbraidlive.org/graphql.search#appState>
>
>                    ### bunch of blah blah config removed for brevity.....
> " ;
>
>             <http://topbraid.org/search#creator>
>                     <urn:x-tb-users:simonopper> ;
>             <http://topbraid.org/search#rootType>
>                     <http://purl.org/spar/doco/Section> ;
>             <http://topbraid.org/search#timestamp>
>                     "2022-01-25T14:35:38.300244"^^xsd:dateTime .
>
> But if I add the triples for the "default search", which appears simply as
> a blank node with exactly the same data  (see code below) as the "saved
> search", again in the TDB.trig and in the relevant .tch graph,   it does
> not appear to be "registered" as the default search.
>
> [ a       <http://teamwork.topbraidlive.org/graphql.search#GQLSearch> ;
>       <http://teamwork.topbraidlive.org/graphql.search#appState>
>
>          ### bunch of blah blah config removed for brevity..... " ;
>
>       <http://topbraid.org/search#creator>
>               <urn:x-tb-users:simonopper> ;
>       <http://topbraid.org/search#rootType>
>               <http://purl.org/spar/doco/Section> ;
>       <http://topbraid.org/search#timestamp>
>               "2022-01-25T14:35:44.189822"^^xsd:dateTime
>     ] .
>
> I assume there is something going on deeper in the system registries that
> needs to be triggered to instantiate the search as the default.?
>
> Is there are trick to getting this to work ?
>

> 2.  Default layout
>
> Default layouts seem to require a similar instantiation/registration
> process.
>
> the short question is can a layout be included in an ontology, which is in
> turn included in all the various assets so that it loads as the default
> layout AND is loaded *on the very first open event *of the asset (see my
> comment further below).
>
> Since the layouts are kept in the Repositories/urn_x-evn-user-data.xdb
> file I'm not sure of the best way to add the data.

Are you familiar with the Layouts page link on the Server Admin page(Under
the User Data heading)?  This provides mechanisms to import, export, reset
and refresh default/named layouts.

> A  test of a few approaches of adding manual triples in the asset graph,
> or in localhost on the user-data.xdb file did not work and it seems to need
> some instantiation trigger.
>
> Also, please note, my testing indicates that even though a default layout
> can be saved and set for all assets of a given type, that each user still
> must load that default layout on at least one asset of that type for it to
> be loaded in others :( .  This has caused a lot of bother to our users.
> It's a low level kind of config that many forget about and is compounded by
> the fact that if the asset is deleted ( the urn graph dropped), but
> re-instantiated by our deployment loader,  the layout must again be
> reloaded as the default next time round, which is a bit cruddy.

This may be related to our mechanisms for saving a user's updates/further
modifications to the default layout in local storage.  We have a button in
the editor(under the ellipsis in the header) to 'clear locally stored
settings' - I would guess if you click this and then have the user go to a
new collection, they'd pull the newly updated default layout from the
server rather than using the saved local copy of the previous layout.