Hi

I'm running the new, imaginatively-nicknamed kingqueenbtnftw relay.

I have read around a lot but something I don't get. I thought advertised
bandwidth was what I'd put in torrc whereas consensus weight was what some
uber-machines tested my relay at, with the idea that this can foil disruption
attacks by false relays pretending to give high bandwidth. SO I expected
consensus weight to gradually increase.

What I didn't expect was for the advertised bandwidth to increase by step
changes (as shown on atlas and globe). Evidently I've got something wrong.
Could somebody please enlighten this poor nub?

By the way, I appreciate that consensus weight is a dimensions number but I
understand that it originated as being based on kibibytes per second? If this
is still the case, it's currently  significantly more than my advertised
bandwidth (which is less than that set in TORRC) but appears below it in the
graphs?

Thanks to anyone who educates me. I have full intent on both the T-shirts on
offer - the standard Tor one for uptime and bandwidth, and the EFF one for
still being online in a year with over 1MBps transfer :-)

Hi to all who know me

Kingqueen