> On 26 Nov 2015, at 18:07, Josef 'veloc1ty' Stautner <he...@veloc1ty.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> you hit me hard today because I didn't think about the privacy of the users
> :-)

Sorry about that :-(

> But the data points for read and write are just average values and the time
> series database also only stores the average values. So I don't think that
> just by looking at the graph you can track specific Hidden Services or make
> other attempts. They would get better precision if they trace the IP of the
> server.

I think you're right, but it depends on your threat model:
* an adversary with access to a router/IXP near your server could get precise
bandwidth figures (bytes/second) that way;
* an adversary anywhere in the world could see averaged bandwidth figures
(kilobytes?/minute) using your graph.

I could imagine your users facing either type of adversary.

But there might be ways to work around that:
* a public graph could average bandwidth over the time period used on Globe (6
hours), or
* a private graph could provide as much detail as you like, and be made
available over password-protected HTTPS, or as a hidden service with client
authentication.

Tim