5kbit/s traffic and consensus weight of 14 after running for a month, including
last 9 days with the same IP and a Stable flag - you consider this normal?

-----Original Message-----
From: tor-relays [mailto:tor-relays-boun...@lists.torproject.org] On Behalf Of
teor
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2016 10:52 PM
To: tor-relays@lists.torproject.org
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

> On 5 Dec. 2016, at 02:39, Rana <ranaventu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For as little as $10.00 US there are VPS' with static ip's..
>
> Attn: Kurt Besig
>
> Well I kind o' like my Raspberry Pi that cost me $40 including box and power
> supply and SD card and door to door delivery, with far more horsepower and
> memory than needed for running Tor relay, and my free and absolutely stable
> 1.5mbps that I want to donate to Tor courtesy of my ISP, and my transparent
> Tor proxy and my hidden service  and my wireless access point that lurk on
> the same Pi.
>
> This is not a good reason to punish my relay. Makes ZERO sense to me and to
> who knows how many people like me whose relays are flushed down the drain by
> the current DirAuth algorithms.
>
> I can think of many an Iranian or Turkish or Chinese or Russian dissident who
> could use 1.5 mbps bandwidth to communicate with the free world.

Rana,

Your relay is actually getting about as much traffic as a middle relay of that
size should expect.

When you change the IP address, it takes a while to re-establish that traffic,
as it should, due to the reasons I mentioned in my original email.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP C855 6CED 5D90 A0C5 29F6 4D43 450C BA7F 968F 094B ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org