> On 8 Dec. 2016, at 06:40, Univibe <univ...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I had a thought to publish it on my relay's DirPort (using
> >> DirPortFrontPage
> >> and a simple html doc containing the public key). Then I could just
> >> provide a
> >> link to the DirPort in ContactInfo.
>
> > It's better to just use a fingerprint. I don't know how efficient or useful
> > that would be. It is also not necessary.
>
> Okay. Thanks Jason for your reply. I was just thinking about how PGP key
> exchange seems to frustrate most people and wondering if it would make sense
> to skip the middleman (keyservers) in this case. Having the public key
> published directly by the relay establishes trust. There would be no question
> that the PGP key belongs to the relay operator.

Unfortunately, the DirPortFrontPage is not authenticated: it is plain HTTP.
But the descriptor with the ContactInfo is signed with your relay key.

> However since it's an odd implementation, it might just add confusion instead
> of making things easier. It sounds like the convention is to just list your
> fingerprint, so I'll do that. Thanks!

Yes, this is what people typically do. Thanks!

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org