> On 8 Dec. 2016, at 01:18, myflyrybr <myflyrybr.re...@runbox.com> wrote:
>
> Trying to hide exit nodes would have little effect on censorship. I believe a
> more effective approach would be just do the same the vpngate guys did to
> beat the chinese firewall. Just mix in the published list some essential or
> high popularity IPs (ex. DNS servers...) as if they were relays. That would
> send the censors in a goose-chase when a lot of people start complaining
> about the block. The cost to censor is raised considerably.

This is somewhat like the approach taken by the meek pluggable transport, which
uses popular sites to front for a reflector to a Tor bridge.

> They would have to check every relay address before adding it to a blacklist,
> or risk breaking popular services. It's just not worth the trouble.

This would create a market for providing an accurate list.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org