> On 21 Aug 2018, at 07:39, DaKnOb <dak...@daknob.net> wrote:
>
> Cloudflare had a post yesterday[1] on their blog[2] that said they have about
> 10,000,000 domain names using their service. So that’s a rough number of the
> maximum number of websites that will be made available over Tor. Now in
> reality I expect all their large customers to opt-out, unless it’s an opt-in,
> in which case I don’t expect large websites, only medium to small to join,
> let’s say <100,000. That said, depending on whether or not this is an opt-in,
> or opt-out, the number of websites can be from “hundreds of thousands” to
> “few millions”.

Your assumption that Cloudflare will create one onion address per domain
is incorrect. They are quite capable of routing traffic from millions of domains
through a few onions. They already have multiple domains per TLS certificate,
and terminate and route those TLS connections at their edge.

My understanding is that having a dedicated onion for your Cloudflare domain
will be an opt-in feature, once it becomes available.