Since you created the instance using 'tor-instance-create', here’s an extract
from its manpage:
There currently is no tor-instance-remove script. To remove an instance, delete
the user and its homedirectory once you are convinced there are no files or
processes on your system still owned by that user. Then also remove the
corresponding directory tree in /etc/tor/instances.
So, my approach would be the following:
1. Stop any process related to that instance
2. Remove any file owned by its user in /etc/tor/instances/,
/var/lib/tor-instances/, /var/run/tor-instances/ and, if logged there, /var/log/
 3. Then remove the user, group and homedir
El vie, 14 jun, 2024 a las 09:16,  <mailinglistrea...@riseup.net> ha
escrito:         I ran into a problem with instances. On some of my servers I
noticed that the performance decreased when running a node for each CPU (more
than 2 virtual CPUs on those systems). So I disabled the newest node on those
systems with "systemctl disable tor@instancename.default" without getting a
output. But after an TOR update or reboot of the system, that instance is up
again.

  Is it enough to (re)move the instance folders in /etc/tor/instances and
/var/run/tor-instances, or do I have to look in another location as well?