As long as the password isn't used elsewhere, it's not a huge deal -
security savvy users probably just use a throwaway password. The main
threat here is if you are reusing passwords.

Preset passwords might be a good idea, but I think in the grand scheme
of things, it's a minor issue.

Is this behavior that is easily changed in Mailman?
--
Greg Norcie (g...@norcie.com)
GPG key: 0x1B873635