Reading through this:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en#BuildVerification

Trying to do this on Mac OS X.

`shasum -a 256 <tor browser distro>.dmg` clearly gives me a checksum that
doesn't match the one in the "sha256sums-unsigned-build.txt" file. Tried it
with 6.0.6 and 6.0.7.

From what I understand, if the PGP signature is valid that confirms the package
wasn't tampered with.

But it is confusing and disturbing to a newbie to try this and get a mismatched
checksum. Please modify these instructions so it's clear what this process is
and what you have to do to get it to work because it doesn't work "out of the
box" for Mac OS X.

Thanks--