You might be able to hide the fact that you are using Tor, but there is no
pluggable transports for I2P you can use to hide the fact that you are using
I2P, at least to my knowledge. When I2P developers talk about "anonymity", they
are talking about the difficulty to determine what did you do on I2P. Router
IPs are still visible. Exposing router IPs is okay in places where a lot of
people are using I2P to do different kind of things, but in places where I2P is
rarely used, for example, China, it is very suspicious to use I2P in a frequent
manner without protection. I use I2P with a VPN.

Another disappointing aspect of I2P is that there is no "preferable"
implementation. The Java implementation runs on a potentially vulnerable
runtime environment. The C++ implementation, I2Pd, is still error-prone. I was
playing with the SAM protocol of I2Pd. When I typed some control characters by
pressing some Ctrl+Alphabet keys in telnet window, the I2Pd on the other side
crashed with a seg fault. It really freaked me out.