Alin Sinpalean wrote:

Looking at the MS SQL Server Howto I noticed there's no mention of the jTDS driver (http://jtds.sourceforge.net), although the FreeTDS driver is mentioned. jTDS is an updated branch of FreeTDS (actually it's a completely rewritten JDBC 3.0-compliant driver since July) and I would go as far as to say that it's more stable and feature-complete than the Microsoft driver.

As one of the developers of jTDS I would like to ask you to update the Howto, to include the jTDS driver. If you need any further information, just let me know.

I have updated the page to include a reference to jTDS.

If a not quite so interested party would care to review the available MS SQL drivers I would be happy to add their comments with regards to the positive and negative aspects of each.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.