The tutorial is missing something.

If you have an existing database (Let's say Informix) and you want to port it to an other database (Let's say MySQL) for datawarehousing.
The tutorial should should also mention something on how to do this.
First create a project that gets the informix structure and inserts it in the project that generates the mysql structure

Thomas Fischer wrote:
I am currently in the process of reviewing and re-organizing the docs of Torque. In this context, I came across the users guide,

http://db.apache.org/torque/runtime/user-guide.html

All of this is covered in the tutorial. The only merit of it is that it is quicker to read than the tutorial.

Do we need such a quick-start guide ? It is currently outdated, and it is a pain to keep duplicate docs up to date. I'd suggest dropping it completely; new users should read the tutorial and that's it. Any objections ?

     Thomas

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Kristof Van Cleemput

Schaubroeck Weddecentrale Informatica
Schaubroeck nv, Steenweg Deinze 154, 9810 Nazareth
tel: 09/389.05.86 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]