Von: Thomas Fischer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. Juli 2006 12:58
An: Apache Torque Developers List
Betreff: Re: Datatype mapping in Torque 3.2

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>> - extend the platform class you want to change, and end the classname
>> with Impl. Put the resulting class in the same
>> (org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform) package.
>>
>> - set the torque.database property in the project.properties (NOT in
>> the Torque.properties in the runtime, this should stay as it is) to
>> the Classname without the "Impl" in the end (you may start lowercase)
>
> One comment about this. As you know, I try to collect the database
> specific features in the database adapters. The platform
> implementation, however, is part of the generator and contains
> database specific stuff, too. Does that make sense? Wouldn't it be
> better to combine them both in one database specific class?

Not so sure about this.
- The information about the database needed in the generator and in the
runtime are different, so the only benefit would be to have one class
instead of two
- the build process would be complicated, as the class would have to be
delievered in the runtime and the generator

    Thomas