> Hmm, I wonder if this could be tucked into the "doSelect"
> methods as an extra flag parameter.  E.g., if you do
> something like:
>
> boolean fillRelated = true;
> AuthorPeer.doSelect(criteria, true);
>
> Then a variation of your fill method gets called to
> efficiently return fully populated objects.
>
> Another thought is that the fillRelated flag might be
> added to the Criteria object since it would be similar
> to the setUseTransaction() method.

These two approaches also have problems
- they also bloat a class API which is already big
- If one table has several foreign keys, user could want some relations to
be filled and some not. This can not be achieved with the above approach.

I'd rather change the default value of the generation option by which the
generation of filler methods can be turned off such that the fillers are
not generated by default.

Should I do that ? Is that an acceptable solution ?

    Thomas