Hi all,

I am trying to test some torque code against an in-memory derby database, and
am running into a chicken-and-egg situation with respect to the database schema.

When the torque code runs it assumes the database has had a schema loaded,
which in the case of the in-memory derby database isn’t true. I am looking for
some switch in the torque configuration that will cause torque to apply a
schema on startup after the database is created by derby, but I am not finding
one.

A trawl of both Google and the torque docs have come up with a blank, there
seems to be a base assumption that the database will always exist and the
schema correctly applied before torque initialises itself, which makes the
writing of unit tests difficult.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Regards,
Graham