Hi Rob,

I never went through the tuturial (well, many many moons ago) but it seems that
something in your database configuration is missing, e.g. your database adapter
setting.

>>> SNIPPET >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><

torque.database.default=WEBSHOP
torque.database.WEBSHOP.adapter=oracle

# torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.connection.driver = com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.23.4.137:1521:WEBSHT02
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.connection.user = webshop
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.connection.password = webshop

torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory

torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.maxActive=1
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.maxIdle=1
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.minIdle=0
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.testOnReturn=false
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.maxWait=10000
torque.dsfactory.WEBSHOP.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL

I'm using the default database WEBSHOP with an ORACLE database adapter and a Proxy
JDBC Adapter to trace all JDBC calls. Please not that the number of connections are
useful for debugging only - the default for maxActive is '8'.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl