Hello Guy

Guy Galil wrote:

I tried appending 'useSSL=true' to the database url in Torque.properties -
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TURBINE?useSSL=true
but it was ignored.

I don't think that this is a Torque problem. Coincidentally, I have just set up a secure connection to a PostgreSQL database. Like for MySQL, a parameter had to be appended to the URL:
jdbc:postgresql://lolek:5432/numerix?ssl

The parameter certainly is passed through to the JDBC driver. There are many other potential pitfalls. I suggest, rather than testing he secure connection with your Torque app, use some other Java/JDBC application to connect. (I used DbVisualizer - a database explorer, http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/index.html)

Once you know the secure connection is working between client and server, go back to your application.

In our case, the application was working immediately after the secure connection had been set up. And all I had to do was change the URL.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz