Hi Tino once more,

another more "official" way to achieve your goal is accessing the
to-be-updated database rows with the

SELECT ... FOR UPDATE NOWAIT

statement.

I believe there has already been some discussion around that theme complex
in this list.

Gruss

Arne

"Sperlich, Tino" wrote:

Hi all,

my problem is this:
My app using torque accesses an oracle db that
is shared with other apps. These apps tend to
use long blocking calls to select/update data,
causing my app to wait forever on updating that
same data.

As I cannot change those other apps I would
like to detect these blockings and handle them,
but therefore I need to set the timeout or smth. on
my queries, so they return with a nice SQLException
stating the error.

How would I set this timeout in torque, are there
other ways to cope with this problem?

Best regards,

Tino Sperlich