Hi Sarav,

Thankyou for the reply. I am still debating with myself if this is indeed a
problem for myApp.
I presume by adding the nowait, village or rather Torque would throw then a
Torque exception when
no lock can be made on a row, which could be caught in myApp?

I think for the moment though I will wait and see how it works in the
"real-world", and see if there are
any complaints about "waiting". I may get back to you on this, if this is
o.k?

I have another slightly different question about the writing of blobs to
oracle using the patched village.jar :-)
Do you know of any issues about placing the writing of blobs inside of a
transaction.  We have the conn object
inside the save method(see below), does this seem o.k ???

conn = torque.getconnection();
conn.setAutoCommit(false);
..blah
myDBObj.setBLOBcolumn(bytes);
myDbObj.save(conn);
myOtherDBObj.setOtherRubbish();
myOtherDBObj.save(conn);
myOtherDBObj1.setOtherRubbish();
myOtherDBObj1.save(conn);
conn.commit();

I would be VERY grateful again for you insight.

kind regards,

Ben